Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
The sausage and potatoes recipe is a mouthwatering and
super easy dish that you will likely cook frequently. The
baby purple potatoes are characterized by their interesting purple
color and for being multipurpose as well. Which means that they also have a
while keeping their shape.
The potatoes also balance the taste of the sausage on the meal.
The majority of the ingredients used in
the recipe are commonly found in most households as are the garlic,
green onions and parsley. The chopped carrot pieces add a crunchy
texture to the food without overshadowing the main elements.
The dish certainly has some color, is tasty and with just a
few steps any person that has a stove can make it.
Preparation Time: 12
Cooking Time: 40
- 18 baby purple potatoes (or any other medium starch
variety like Yukon gold)
- 1 turkey or chicken sausage (about 6 oz)
- 1 tbsp carrot (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 tbsp green onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp parsley flakes (dried)
- 1 pinch ginger (ground)
- First rinse the potatoes.
- You can leave the potatoes with the skins and it's fine. (I peeled
9 of those potatoes for different textures.)
- Cut the potatoes in 4 parts.
- Put the potatoes in a pot or saucepan and fill up
(almost covering them).
- Then add 1 tsp
salt and cook covered on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are being cooked cut the sausage in about 1/3 inch slices; around 22 slices cut in halves.
- Grease a stir fry pan that has a lid (or similar, big
enough to fit the potatoes).
- Put the potato pieces in the pan and sprinkle 1/4 tsp
salt, ginger and add the garlic. Combine all slowly.
- Then add the sausage slices, green onions, parsley,
carrot and 1 tbsp
butter as well; slowly mix them with
- Cook covered with the lid for about 25 minutes on a low temperature.
- When ready, serve and enjoy the food.
Go to Top
To save time read some tips for leaving them already set up.
The purple color can give a twist in the appearance of many dishes.
New potatoes are mostly used for the delicate look they bring to a plate.
The term whipped potatoes can make many wonder what exactly it entails.