Uses of Raw Potatoes
potatoes have many uses that probably some people don't know about.
Potatoes are always used to prepare many dishes and we don't think of
any other use
for them if they are not cooked, being raw food.
It seems that from older
times potatoes have been used as the main part of the meals and in
remedies, particularly in rural homes where the families didn't have
But now potatoes are commonly used in all kinds of
households and is
to get back to the natural ways that were so efficient, inexpensive and
of raw potato uses:
- Applying one or more slices as needed can actually relieve
skin from cooking, ironing and extremely hot food.
- In a food processor puree a peeled potato with just a bit
of water and leave it over your face for about 20 minutes, repeat
eyes and dark
circles - Put a refrigerated
slice over each eye for about half hour to 45 minutes and the puffiness
will go down.
- Rub a few slices over your forehead for some relief.
- You can experiment and use potato electricity.
- Keep a potato bonsai by taking a very sprouted potato,
locate it on a dark place. Wait for it to have longer sprouts. On a
shallow container add the potting soil, plant the potato and spread
- Potato pieces and peels shouldn't
be thrown away if there is a container with drainage holes or space to
make some compost to later be added to the soil for healthier plants.
- Broken light bulbs
- You can cut a potato in half and press it into the broken light bulb
so that you can unscrew the broken bulb from the fixture without
cutting yourself. (courtesy of Josh, USA)
Go to Top
To save time read some tips for leaving them already set up.
The purple color can give a twist in the appearance of many dishes.
New potatoes are mostly used for the delicate look they bring to a plate.
The term whipped potatoes can make many wonder what exactly it entails.