Baked Mashed Potatoes
The baked mashed potatoes are one of those recipes appropriate for any occasion. They can be as simple or elaborated as you desire.
You can make them with a couple of easy to get ingredients, but if you want to get fancy the imagination is the limit.
As a starting point you can prepare the mashed potatoes in the most elemental way.
Butter and milk are typically present in the dish but as you will see the possibilities are almost endless.
What do you need?
The list of ingredients for the baked mashed potatoes is quite short; of course you can add anything you like as long it makes you happy.
The preparation time for this specific recipe is 35 minutes with a cooking time of around 30 minutes. Overall it should take 65 minutes to have the dish ready to be served.
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 5 potatoes (Russet or Yukon gold; peeled and cubed.)
- 1 small sized onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- salt and pepper (to your liking)
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a two quart baking casserole.
- Next, fill a large pot with water, add the potatoes and salt to your taste.
- Cook the potatoes for approximately 15 minutes and make sure they are soft but still firm.
- Drain and place the potatoes in a large bowl.
- At this point you can add the two tbsp of butter, the milk, the salt and the pepper (to taste).
- Mash them until they are slightly fluffy but not too much.
- Fold the cream cheese, the onion into the mashed potatoes. The cream cheese will enhance the flavor.
- Place the mashed potatoes mix into the baking casserole. Bake the potatoes in the oven (uncovered) for about 30 minutes or until it gets a light brown appearance at 350°F (177°C). Once the dish is done; you can wait around 10 minutes before serving them.
This recipe is just one way to make baked mashed potatoes; you can get creative and change it as much as you like.
In case you have some leftovers, they can be frozen. Use resealable freezer bags and freeze leftovers for up to 30 days.